Hey Bitches, I've been receiving emails from listeners asking me if there will be any off boat excursions specifically for listeners. The answer is "not technically". There are plenty of things to do for everyone's budget, both big and small. However, our stop in Prince Rupert, BC is the shortest of all of the stops with the least amount to do.
I did receive an email from Canadian listener Eric in B.C. with some suggestions for what to do in Prince Rupert, here is what he suggested.
Prince Rupert, BC
Suggestions for things to do while in Port between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
Have a wonderful visit to Northern BC! Have a great stay!
• Wander down from the cruise ship terminal to Cow Bay (a short stroll) and explore the marina
• Stop in at Smiley’s cafe, adjacent to the cruise ship terminal, for some fresh local halibut and seafood. Best fish and chips anywhere in northern BC!
• Walk up to the Museum of Northern BC, which showcases local native artifacts and historical items from the development of the railway to Prince Rupert
• Take a trip out to the North Pacific Cannery in Port Edward – a historical recreated cannery
• If you have time during the short stop, a boat trip up to the Khutzeymateen conservancy is highly recommended for viewing the pristine inlet and its resident grizzly bears
• Harbour tours for whale viewing should also be available
Check out these links for more info:
Thanks, Eric in B.C., If anyone wants to meet up for a listener dinner at Smiley's Cafe, and have some fresh Canadian seafood, email me and I'll let everyone know.