Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Summer Bitches!! (update from intern Chanel)

Hello everyone! Yes, it's been awhile since I've last posted (last semester, actually). Forgive my lateness as I've been super-duper busy working here at the Derek and Romaine Show. What a difference one semester can make! I started off screening phone calls, and now I am running the boards during the show!  Photobucket

I'm starting to have separation anxiety because I only have 4 more weeks left with DnR! (sniffles)... Nonetheless, this summer has been awesome. One of the highlights for me, was celebrating the passing of the gay marriage bill with Derek and Romaine.  Everyone screamed and shouted in the studio when we watched with anticipation, the votes being tallied.  A very exciting but rather emotional experience.  New York City has always been the city to set the standards for the rest of the world.  What a wonderful feeling to be accepted for who you are... I've learned so much about myself through a gay person's eyes.

Another highlight of the show (and my summer) is DnR listener, "Stanton."  I adore Stanton. There is something so genuine about his personality. He's like the one aunt that loves you to death, but will put you in check if you ever get caught slipping! (It's all love, thank you Aunty Stanton).  Since Stanton loved my last model picture I put up last semester, I thought I'd post another one for the summer, just for him! (Eat your heart out Stanton) Photobucket

So here's to the last 4 weeks on the Derek and Romaine show. I'm gonna cram in as much experience as I can and make it all memorable! Have a great summer everyone (-;
~Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment